Recently we released an upgrade to the rich text editor to this wiki. We've upgraded the core engine which has resulted in many improvements and an overall more stable editing experience.
Here are a few of the highlights:
- Much faster loading of the edit window.
- Images and videos will now use built-in browser drag and drop functionality which is much more reliable.
- Reworked article parsing which results in fewer spacing and formatting changes in underlying wikitext.
- Advanced code (e.g. templates and parser tags) will be represented by a puzzle icon in edit mode - hover over them to see more info.
We are excited to release this editor and are looking forward to hearing your feedback. If you come across a bug, strange behaviour or have a question please post it here or on the Central Wikia blog post.
If you would like to sandbox test the editor, you are free to use my personal test wiki - kirkburn.wikia. (If you do, please use new pages, and play nice!)
Why is it some templates are not working... They only show up with the plugin icon. I have to switch to Source in order to edit them. Also maybe you could make a button like that at the top left of each template (the template shows what it will look like on the page not just an icon) and when you click on that button a window pops up and has fields where you can modify any variable in the template. (Even ones that are empty.) -- 01:31, December 26, 2009 (UTC)
- Never mind. Just figured it out. Also when I edit the parimeters of the template the parimeters window appears to far to the right. The left edge is in the center of the screen. -- 01:35, December 26, 2009 (UTC)